The Wedding Survival Kit
A Wedding Survival Kit is a must for your big day. I have filmed and photographed over 500 weddings and every couple forgets at least a few of these items. Begin working on this (or assign it to someone) two weeks before your wedding day so nothing slips through the cracks!
Here are the top 30 things to not forget as you prepare for your wedding day!
Want easy access? Download a complimentary checklist version as a PDF here.
- Acetaminophen: Acetaminophen is used to treat mild to moderate and pain, Common conditions include headache, muscle aches, arthritis, backache, toothaches, colds, and fevers.
- Baby Powder: Sweat and chaffing are not good.
- Benadryl or Allegra: Here in the South, allergy season is no joke. This can be super useful for you and your wedding party.
- Blotting Papers: Sweat and makeup do not go together. Have your maid of honor or best man carry a few in case you need it.
- Bobby Pins: You can never enough Bobby pins!
- Bug Spray: This can be super handy if you’re having an outdoor wedding!
- Chapstick: No one likes kissing cracked lips!
- Clear Nail Polish: Keep those nails looking good!
- Deodorant: Someone always forgets and you don’t want to smell them all day.
- Eye Drops: Clear up those eyes and look the best in your photos!
- First Aid Kit: I have seen this used on more than one occasion. You definitely want to have an assortment of Band-Aids, ointments, and bandages on hand.
- Floss: Is there anything more frustrating than having food stuck between your teeth?
- Food: Are you feeding the entire wedding party during the bride and groom preps? Don’t forget to order the sandwiches or pizza!
- Granola or Protein Bars: Keep that hunger at bay so you don’t get hangry on your wedding day!
- Hair Spray: Necessary for when the makeup artist has left and you have that one rebellious hair.
- Heel Stoppers: It’s 2020 and the most popular wedding venues are outdoor based. These are a must if you will need to walk across the grass at any point throughout the day. I recommend having a set for every girl in your bridal party as well as yourself. 10/10 times you will sink into the ground in your wedding shoes.
- Lighter: Useful for getting rid of frayed edges on dresses or loose strings.
- Lint Roller: Keep yourself looking spiffy and lint free.
- Mints: Keep bad breath at bay. You’re going to be talking to a lot of folks.
- Nail Clippers: Sometimes a lifesaver!
- Pepcid AC/Tums: Keep an unhappy tummy in check
- Phone Charger/Battery Bank: You may need your phone on the wedding day.
- Small Sewing Kit: Buttons pop off. Super handy.
- Sunscreen: Any summer outdoor wedding will need this.
- Super Glue: Fix anything that breaks!
- Tide To Go Stick: Keeping white things white.
- Tissues: There will be folks who definitely need these.
- Umbrella: If there’s a chance of rain, don’t neglect the umbrellas.
- Water: Make sure and drink lots of water, especially if having a wedding in Alabama in the summer!
- White Chalk: For stubborn stains, just chalk it to hide it.
Looking for a photographer or videographer? Get in touch!
So there you have it! The 29 things most wedding couples forget. Put together your wedding survival kit and have it ready to go about a week before your wedding day.
If you don’t feel like going out an grabbing everything on our list you are in luck! We found a few premade wedding survival kits that include most of what we mentioned on Amazon.
We have 2 more quicks tips for you. If you haven’t done so already, make sure you sign up for an Amazon Wedding Registry. This is an awesome way to be able to add things you may want or need from any store. It also gives you 10-20% off!
If you don’t already, you may want to get an Amazon Prime Account if you will be ordering a lot of things for your wedding day. Returns are easy and most things have FREE 2-day shipping.
If these were helpful let us know! Also if we missed anything, let us know in the comments!